Amazon Prime Day 2018 is actually a day and a half this year, starting today and ending at midnight on 17 July. Here, we share all of the best early Prime deals and launches, and offer advice about how to make the most of the rapidly growing deals event.
If you're a student, here's everything you need to know about getting Amazon Prime Student.
This article covers the best deals you'll find for Amazon Prime Day in the UK, but you can discover US-based Prime Day deals over on our sister site PC World here.
Best Prime Day deals
Amazon Prime Day has begun, and there are more than a million deals available. Obviously that's quite a few to look through, so we've been curating the very best here.
You can see our pick of the top ten deals available to buy from Amazon on Prime Day by scrolling through the list below. These are the best-of-the-best though, and might not be quite what you're after, so we've curated more of the best deals in each category below.
Xbox One S 1TB Console Minecraft Bundle with Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon and stand
Now: £199.99 (£190 off)
Microsoft Surface Pro 12.3in with 8GB RAM and 128GB Storage with Platinum Type Cover
Now: £749.99 (£379 off)
As Amazon Prime Day grows, the company's rivals have been joining in with the fun. We've outlined some of the best sales below.
- Argos: The Big Sale!
- Carphone Warehouse: Price Crash
- Currys/PC World: Flash Deals
- Debenhams: Flash Sale
- Dell: Black Friday in July
- GAME: Up to 50% off
- Ebuyer: Optimus Day
- John Lewis: Clearance
- Microsoft: Summer Sale
- Mobile Phones Direct: Flash Sale
- Very: 50% off sale
- Zavvi: Flash Deals
Best Amazon devices deals on Prime Day
- £100 off Echo Show - Was £199.99, now £99.99. Available here.
- £30 off Echo - Was £89.99, now £59.99. Available here.
- £30 off Echo Spot - Was £119.99, now £89.99. Available here.
- £15 off Amazon Fire TV Stick - Was £39.99, now £24.99. Available here.
- £35 off the Kindle Paperwhite - currently £109, now £74.99. Available here. Read our Paperwhite review for more information.
- £20 off Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa - currently £49.99, now £29.99. Available here.
- £40 off Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet - currently £99.99, now £59.99. Available here.
- £40 off Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet - currently £129.99, now £89.99. Available here.
Amazon Prime Day Launches
In addition to making Prime Day longer this year, Amazon has introduced a new initiative called Prime Day Launches. These are brand new products and special-editions that are available exclusively to Prime members until mid August.
Amazon has revealed the TicWatch Pro smartwatch as a Prime Day Launches exclusive too, available to pre-order here.
When is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is today! It began at midday, and will continue until midnight on 17 July. That makes this the longest Amazon Prime 'Day' to date, spanning 36 hours.
It features more than one million deals globally, and Amazon has promised 40% more Spotlight deals in the UK than in 2017.
It's a week later than we had originally predicted, which we assume is to avoid a clash with the World Cup. Amazon Prime Day 2017 was on 11 July, and the years before it were within a day or two of that.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day 2018 is fourth annual Prime Day Amazon has hosted. The first was in the summer of 2015 when Amazon was celebrating its 20th birthday, but it was such a success that it has now become a yearly deals event.
Ahead of Prime Day, Amazon sent enormous Amazon Smile boxes across the globe, including some right here in London. Amazon says that these boxes will offer exclusive entertainment experiences for Prime members and the general public.
How to get Amazon Prime
As mentioned, the catch to Prime Day is that you need to be an Amazon Prime customer in order to take advantage of the deals.
You can find out more about Amazon Prime and the huge number of features it offers for that £79/$119 per year fee in our complete guide to Amazon Prime.
Be sure to cancel your subscription before your free trial ends to avoid being charged, unless of course you find yourself enjoying it! Find out more about how to cancel your subscription properly here.
If you've previously had a free trial of Amazon Prime, you might be surprised to hear that you can do so again if it has been more than a year since your last trial.
Amazon Prime Day tips
- Make sure your payment and shipping information is up to date now to be ready to make quick purchases on the day.
- Consider turning on Amazon's 1-click purchase option.
- Use the Watch this Deal button on upcoming deals you see on Amazon's website, to make sure you don't miss them.
- Join the Waitlist for products that say 100% claimed, because people often change their minds and don't buy. You'll get a notification to alert you if more become available.
- Choose No-Rush delivery to earn rewards.